15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Van Hiele, P. (1986). Structure and insight. Orlando, FL: Academic Press.
- Brown, J. Van Lehn, K. (1982). Towards a generative theory of "bugs." In T.P. Carpenter, J. Moser, & T. Romberg (Eds.) Addition and subtraction: A cognitive perspective (pp. 117-135). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum . Journal of Biological Education. 13,119-122.
- McDermott, L., Rosenquist, M., van Zee, E. (1987). Student difficulties in connecting graphs and physics: Example from kinematics. American Journal of Physics. 55, 503-513.
- Fort, D., Varney, H. (1989). How students see scientists: Mostly male, mostly white, and mostly benevolent. Science and Children,. 26(8), 8-13.
- Vergnaud, G. (1988). Multiplicative structures. In J. Hiebert & M. Behr (Eds.),. Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. (pp. 141-161). Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Vergnaud, G., Errecalde, P. (1980). Some steps in the understanding and the use of scales and axis by 10-13 year old students. In R. Karplus (Ed.),. Proceedings of the fourth international conference for the psychology of mathematics education. (pp. 285-291).(ERIC Reproduction Service No. ED 250 186).
- Ruggiero, S., Cartelli, A., Dupre, F., Vicentini-Missoni, M. (1985). Weight, gravity and air pressure: Mental representations by Italian middle-school students. European Journal of Science Education. 7, 181-194.
- Vosniadou, S. (1991). Designing curricula for conceptual restructuring; lessons from the study of knowledge acquisition in astronomy. Journal of Curriculum Studies. 23, 219-237.
- Vosniadou, S., Brewer, W. (1992). Mental models of the earth: A study of conceptual change in childhood. Cognitive Psychology. 24, 535-585.