15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Bell, A., Swan, M., Taylor, G. (1981). Choice of operations in verbal problems with decimal numbers. Educational Studies in Mathematics. 12, 399-420.
- Karplus, R., Thier, H. (1969). A new look at elementary school science; science curriculum improvement study. Chicago: Rand McNally.
- Lawson, A., Thomson, L. (1988). Formal reasoning ability and misconceptions concerning genetics and natural selection. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 25, 733-746.
- Threadgill-Sowder, J. (1984). Computational estimation procedures of young children. Journal of Educational Research. 77, 332-336.
- Driver, R., Guesne, E., Tiberghien, A. (1985). Some features of children's ideas and their implications for teaching. In R. Driver, E. Guesne, & A. Tiberghien (Eds.),. Children's ideas in science. (pp. 193-201). Milton Keynes, UK: Open University Press.
- Tiberghien, A. (1985). Heat and temperature: The development of ideas with teaching. In R. Driver, E. Guesne & A. Tiberghien (Eds.),. Children's ideas in science. (pp. 66-84). Milton Keynes, UK: Open University Press.
- Tiberghien, A. (1983). Critical review of the research aimed at elucidating the sense that notions of temperature and heat have for students aged 10 to 16 years. In. Proceedings of the first international workshop research on physics education. (pp. 73-90). Paris: Editions du CNRS.
- Tierney, C., Nemirovsky, R. (1991). Children's spontaneous representations of changing situations. Hands on!. 7-10.
- Mokros, J., Tinker, R. (1987). The impact of microcomputer-based labs on children's ability to interpret graphs. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 24, 369-383.
- Graeber, A., Tirosh, D. (1988). Multiplication and division involving decimals: Preservice elementary teachers' performance and beliefs. Journal of Mathematical Behavior. 7, 263-280.
- Tomasini, G., Balandi, P. (1987). Teaching strategies and children's science: An experiment on teaching "hot and cold." In J. Novak (Ed.),. Proceedings of the second international seminar "misconceptions and educational strategies in science and mathematics". (Vol. II, pp. 158-171). Ithaca, NY: Cornell University.
- Hess, R., Torney, J. (1968). The development of political attitudes in children. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company.
- Lazar, A., Torney-Purta, J. (1991). The development of the subconcepts of death in young children: A short-term longitudinal study. Child Development. 62, 1321-1333.
- Tournaire, F., Pulos, S. (1985). Proportional reasoning: A review of the literature. Educational Studies in Mathematics. 16, 181-204.
- Merkle, D.G., Treagust, D.F. (1987). Secondary school students' locus of control and conceptual knowledge relating to health and fitness. In J. Novak (Ed.),. Proceedings of the second international seminar misconceptions and educational strategies in science and mathematics. (Vol. II, pp. 325-335). Ithaca, NY: Cornell University.
- Good, R., Trowbridge, J., Demastes, S., Wandersee, J., Hafner, M., Cummins, C. (Eds.) (1993). Proceedings of the 1992 evolution education research conference. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University.
- Mintzes, J., Trowbridge, J., Arnaudin, M., Wandersee, J. (1991). Children's biology: Studies on conceptual development in the life sciences. In S. Glynn, R. Yeany, & B. Britton (Eds.),. The psychology of learning science. (pp. 179-202). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Trowbridge, J., Mintzes, J. (1985). Students' alternative conceptions of animals and animal classification. School Science and Mathematics. 85, 304-316.
- Turiel, E. (1983). The development of social knowledge. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kahneman, D., Slovic, P., Tversky, A. (1982). Judgment under certainty: Heuristics and biases. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.