15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Hergenrather, J., Rabinowitz, M. (1991). Age-related differences in the organization of children's knowledge of illness. Developmental Psychology. 27, 952-959.
- Schauble, L., Klopfer, L.E., Raghavan, K. (1991). Students' transition from an engineering model to a science model of experimentation. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 28, 859-882.
- Ramadas, J., Driver, R. (1989). Aspects of secondary students' ideas about light. Leeds, UK: University of Leeds, Centre for Studies in Science and Mathematics Education.
- Ramsey, P. (1986). Racial and cultural categories. In C.P. Edwards (Ed.),. Promoting social and moral development in young children. (pp. 78-101). Columbia University: Teachers College Press.
- Hill, D., Redden, M. (1985). An investigation of the system concept. School Science and Mathematics. 85, 233-239.
- Resnick, L., Nesher, P., Leonard, F., Magone, M. Omanson, S., & Peled, I. (1989). Conceptual bases of arithmetic errors: The case of decimal fractions. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 20, 8-27.
- Carpenter, T., Corbitt, M., Kepner, H., Lindquist, M., Reys, R. (1981). Decimals: Results and implications from the second NAEP mathematics assessment. Arithmetic Teacher. 28(8), 34-37.
- Jung, W., Pfundt, H., Rhoeneck, C. von. (Eds.) (1981). Proceedings of the international workshop on "problems concerning students' representations of physics and chemistry knowledge.". Ludwigsburg: Paedagogische Hochschule.
- Rice, P. (1991). Concepts of health and illness in Thai children. International Journal of Science Education. 13, 115-127.
- Fuson, K., Richards, J., Briars, D. (1982). The acquisition and elaboration of the number word sequence. In C. Brainerd (Ed.),. Progress in cognitive development research Vol. 1: Children's logical and mathematical cognition. (pp. 33-92). New York: Springer Verlag.
- Dickinson, A.K., Lee, P.J., Rogers, P.J. (Eds.) (1984). Learning history. (pp. 39-84). London: Heinemann Educational Books.
- Romberg, T., Carpenter, T. (1986). Research on teaching and learning mathematics: Two disciplines of scientific inquiry. In M. Wittrock (Ed.),. Handbook of research on teaching. (pp. 850-873). New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Roseberry, A., Warren, B., Conant, F. (1992). Appropriating scientific discourse: Findings from language minority classrooms. (Working paper 1-92). Cambridge, MA: TERC.
- McDermott, L., Rosenquist, M., van Zee, E. (1987). Student difficulties in connecting graphs and physics: Example from kinematics. American Journal of Physics. 55, 503-513.
- Ross, J.A. (1988). Controlling variables: A meta-analysis of training studies. Review of Educational Research. 58,405-437.
- Roth, K., Anderson, C. (1987). The power plant: Teacher's guide to photosynthesis. Occasional Paper no. 112. Institute for Research on Teaching. East Lansing: Michigan State University, ERIC No. ED 288 699.
- Gal, I., Rothschild, K., Wagner, D. (1990). Which group is better? The development of statistical reasoning in elementary school children. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association. Boston, MA.
- Rowell, J., Dawson, C. (1984). Controlling variables: Testing a programme for teaching a general solution strategy. Research in Science and Technological Education. 2(1), 37-46.
- Ruggiero, S., Cartelli, A., Dupre, F., Vicentini-Missoni, M. (1985). Weight, gravity and air pressure: Mental representations by Italian middle-school students. European Journal of Science Education. 7, 181-194.
- Mokros, J., Russell, S. (1992). Children's concepts of average and representativeness. Working Paper. 4-92. Cambridge, MA: TERC.
- Russell, T., Harlen, W., Watt, D. (1989). Childrens' ideas about evaporation. International Journal of Science Education. 11, 566-576.
- Russell, T., Longden, K., McGuigan (1991). Materials. Primary Space Project Research Report. Liverpool, UK: Liverpool University Press.
- Russell, T., Watt, D. (1990). Evaporation and condensation. SPACE Project Research Report. Liverpool, UK: Liverpool University Press.
- Ryan, A., Aikenhead, G. (1992). Students' preconceptions about the epistemology of science. Science Education. 76, 559-580.