15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Levstik, L., Pappas, C. (1987). Exploring the development of historical understanding. Journal of Research and Development in Education. 21(1), 1-15.
- Peck, D., Jencks, S. (1981). Conceptual issues in the teaching and learning of fractions. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 12, 339-348.
- Resnick, L., Nesher, P., Leonard, F., Magone, M. Omanson, S., & Peled, I. (1989). Conceptual bases of arithmetic errors: The case of decimal fractions. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 20, 8-27.
- Omanson, S., Peled, I. (1989). Conceptual bases of arithmetic errors: The case of decimal fractions. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 20, 8-27.
- Welch, W., Pella, M. (1967). The development of an instrument for inventorying knowledge of the processes of science. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 5, 64-68.
- Mas, C.J., Perez, J.H., Harris, H. (1987). Parallels between adolescents' conceptions of gases and the history of chemistry. Journal of Chemical Education. 64, 616-618.
- Perry Jr., W.G. (1970). Forms of intellectual and ethical development in the college years. Fort Worth, TX: HBJ College Publishers.
- Jung, W., Pfundt, H., Rhoeneck, C. von. (Eds.) (1981). Proceedings of the international workshop on "problems concerning students' representations of physics and chemistry knowledge.". Ludwigsburg: Paedagogische Hochschule.
- Pfundt, H. (1981). The atom–the final link in the division process or the first building block?. Chemica Didactica. 7, 75-94.
- Pfundt, H., Duit, R. (1991). Bibliography. Students' alternative frameworks and science education. (3rd Ed.) Kiel, Germany: Institute for Science Education at the University of Kiel.
- Piaget, J., Inhelder, B. (1975). The origin of the idea of chance in children. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul.
- Pollatsek, A., Lima, S., Well, A. (1981). Concept of computation: Students' understanding of the mean. Educational Studies in Mathematics. 12, 191-204.
- Behr, M., Lesh, R., Post, T., Silver, E. (1983). Rational number concepts. In R. Lesh & M. Lindau (Eds.),. Acquisition of mathematical concepts and processes. (pp. 91-126). New York: Academic Press.
- Behr, M., Wachsmuth, I., Post, T., Lesh, R. (1984). Order and equivalence of rational numbers: A clinical teaching experiment. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education,. 15, 323-341.
- Heller, P., Ahlgren, A., Post, T., Behr, M., Lesh, R. (1989). Proportional reasoning: The effect of two context variables, rate type, and problem setting. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 26, 205-220.
- Prout, A. (1985). Science, health, and everyday knowledge: A case study about the common cold. European Journal of Science Education. 7, 399-406.
- Karplus, R., Pulos, S., Stage, E. (1983). Proportional reasoning of early adolescents. In R. Lesh & M. Landau (Eds.). Acquisition of mathematics concepts and processes. New York: Academic Press.
- Linn, M., Clement, C., Pulos, S. (1983). Is it formal if it's not physics? The influence of content on formal reasoning. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 20, 755-776.
- Sneider, C., Pulos, S. (1983). Children's cosmographies: Understanding the earth's shape and gravity. Science Education. 67, 205-221.
- Tournaire, F., Pulos, S. (1985). Proportional reasoning: A review of the literature. Educational Studies in Mathematics. 16, 181-204.