15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Good, R., Trowbridge, J., Demastes, S., Wandersee, J., Hafner, M., Cummins, C. (Eds.) (1993). Proceedings of the 1992 evolution education research conference. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University.
- Hallam, R.N. (1970). Piaget and thinking in history. In M. Ballard (Ed.),. New movements in the study and teaching of history. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Hallam, R.N. (1979). Attempting to improve logical think-ing in school history. Research in Education. 21, 1-24.
- Hallden, O. (1988). The evolution of species: Pupils' perspectives and school perspectives. International Journal of Science Education. 10, 541-552.
- Russell, T., Harlen, W., Watt, D. (1989). Childrens' ideas about evaporation. International Journal of Science Education. 11, 566-576.
- Mas, C.J., Perez, J.H., Harris, H. (1987). Parallels between adolescents' conceptions of gases and the history of chemistry. Journal of Chemical Education. 64, 616-618.
- Scharmann, L., Harris, W. (1992). Teaching evolution: Understanding and applying the nature of science. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 29, 375-388.
- Hart, K. (1988). Ratio and proportion. In J. Hiebert & M. Behr (Eds.),. Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. (pp. 198-219). Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Hawkins, A., Kapadia, R. (1984). Children's conceptions of probability: A psychological and pedagogical review. Educational Studies in Mathematics. 15, 349-377.
- Heller, P., Ahlgren, A., Post, T., Behr, M., Lesh, R. (1989). Proportional reasoning: The effect of two context variables, rate type, and problem setting. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 26, 205-220.
- Hembree, R., Dessart, D. (1986). Effects of hand held calculators in precollege mathematics education: A meta-analysis. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 17, 83-89.
- Hennessy, S., McCormick, R., Murphy, P. ( ). ss). The myth of general problem-solving capability: Design and technology as an example. Curriculum Journal. .
- McCormick, R., Hennessy, S. Murphy, P. (1993). Problem-solving processes in technology education. Paper presented at the 55th annual conference of the ITEA. Charlotte, NC.
- Hergenrather, J., Rabinowitz, M. (1991). Age-related differences in the organization of children's knowledge of illness. Developmental Psychology. 27, 952-959.
- Herget, D. (Ed.) (1989). The history and philosophy of science in science teaching. Proceedings of the first international conference. (Vols. 1-2). Tallahassee, FL: Florida State University.
- Herscovics, N. (1989). Cognitive obstacles encountered in the learning of algebra. In S. Wagner & C. Kieran (Eds.),. Research issues in the learning and teaching of algebra. (pp. 60-86). Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Hess, R., Torney, J. (1968). The development of political attitudes in children. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company.
- Hiebert, J. (1992). Mathematical, cognitive, and instructional analyses of decimal fractions. In G. Leinhardt, R. Putnam, & R. Hattrup (Eds.),. Analysis of arithmetic for mathematics teaching. (pp. 283-322). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Hiebert, J., Behr, M. (Eds.) (1988). Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Hiebert, J., Wearne, D. (1986). Procedures over concepts: The acquisition of decimal number knowledge. In J. Hiebert (Ed.),. Conceptual and procedural knowledge: The case of mathematics. (pp. 199-223). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Wearne, D., Hiebert, J. (1988). Constructing and using meaning for mathematical symbols: The case of decimal fractions. In J. Hiebert & M. Behr (Eds.),. Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. (pp. 220-235) Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Wearne, D., Hiebert, J. (1989). Cognitive changes during conceptually based instruction on decimal fractions. Journal of Educational Psychology. 81, 507-513, ERIC No. ED 254 409.
- Boylan, C., Hill, D., Wallace, A., Wheeler, A. (1992). Beyond stereotypes. Science Education,. 76, 465-476.
- Hill, D., Redden, M. (1985). An investigation of the system concept. School Science and Mathematics. 85, 233-239.
- Hills, S. (Ed.) (1992). The history and philosophy of science in science education. Proceedings of the second international conference (Vols. 1-2). Kingston, Ontario: Queen's University.
- Kargbo, D., Hobbs, E., Erickson, G. (1980). Children's beliefs about inherited characteristics. Journal of Biological Education. 14, 137-146.
- Carey, S., Evans, R., Honda, M., Jay, E., Unger, C. (1989). An experiment is when you try it and see if it works: A study of grade 7 students' understanding of the construction of scientific knowledge. International Journal of Science Education. 11, 514-529.
- White, B., Horwitz, P. (1987). Thinker tools: Enabling children to understand physical laws. BBN Laboratories Report. Cambridge, MA: BBN Laboratories.
- Minstrell, J., Stimpson, V., Hunt, E. (1992). Instructional design and tools to assist teachers in addressing students' understanding and reasoning. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. San Francisco.