15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
Browse References Alphabetically by Authors
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
- Shayer, M., Adey, P. (1981). Towards a science of science teaching. London: Heinemann.
- Garfield, J., Ahlgren, A. (1988). Difficulties in learning probability and statistics: Implications for research. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 19, 44-63.
- Heller, P., Ahlgren, A., Post, T., Behr, M., Lesh, R. (1989). Proportional reasoning: The effect of two context variables, rate type, and problem setting. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 26, 205-220.
- Aikenhead, G.S. (1987). High school graduates' beliefs about science-technology-society III. Characteristics and limitations of scientific knowledge. Science Education. 71, 459-487.
- Ryan, A., Aikenhead, G. (1992). Students' preconceptions about the epistemology of science. Science Education. 76, 559-580.
- Allen, R.D., Statkiewitz, W.R., Donovan, M. (1983). Student perceptions of evidence and interpretations. In J. Novak (Ed.),. Proceedings of the international seminar: Misconceptions in science and mathematics. (pp. 79-83). Ithaca, NY: Cornell University.
- Kuhn, D., Amsel, E., O'Loughlin, M. (1988). The development of scientific thinking skills. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Anderson, C., Sheldon, T., Dubay, J. (1990). The effects of instruction on college nonmajors' conceptions of respiration and photosynthesis. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 27, 761-776.
- Anderson, C., Smith, E. (1983). Children's conceptions of light and color: Understanding the concept of unseen rays. East Lansing: Michigan State University, ERIC No. ED 270 318.
- Bishop, B., Anderson, C. (1990). Student conceptions of natural selection and its role in evolution. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 27, 415-427.
- Lee, O., Eichinger, D.C., Anderson, C.W., Berkheimer, G.D., Blakeslee, T.S. (1993). Changing middle school students' conceptions of matter and molecules. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 30, 249-270.
- Roth, K., Anderson, C. (1987). The power plant: Teacher's guide to photosynthesis. Occasional Paper no. 112. Institute for Research on Teaching. East Lansing: Michigan State University, ERIC No. ED 288 699.
- Smith, E., Anderson, C. (1986). Alternative conceptions of matter cycling in ecosystems. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching. San Francisco, CA.
- Andersson, B. (1990). Pupils' conceptions of matter and its transformations (age 12-16). In P. Lijnse, P. Licht, W. de Vos, & A.J. Waarlo (Eds.),. Relating macroscopic phenomena to microscopic particles. (pp. 12-35). Utrecht: CD-þ Press.
- Arnaudin, M.W., Mintzes, J.J. (1985). Students' alternative conceptions of the human circulatory system: A cross age study. Science Education,. 69, 721-733.
- Arnaudin, M.W., Mintzes, J.J. (1986). The cardiovascular system: Children's conceptions and misconceptions. Science and Children,. 23(5), 48-51.
- Mintzes, J., Trowbridge, J., Arnaudin, M., Wandersee, J. (1991). Children's biology: Studies on conceptual development in the life sciences. In S. Glynn, R. Yeany, & B. Britton (Eds.),. The psychology of learning science. (pp. 179-202). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Simpson, M., Arnold, B. (1985). The inappropriate use of subsumers in biology learning. European Journal of Science Education. 4, 173-182.
- Atwood, V. (Ed.) (1986). Elementary school social studies: Research as a guide to practice. Washington, DC: National Council for the Social Studies.
- Brumby, M. N., Garrard, J., Auman, J. (1985). Students' perceptions of the concept of health. European Journal of Science Education. 7, 307-323.