15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
View author’s reference(s)
Author: Sowder, J.
- Case, R., Sowder, J. (1990). The development of computational estimation: A neo-Piagetian analysis. Cognition and Instruction. 7, 79-104.
- Markovits, Z., Sowder, J. (1991). Students' understanding of the relationship between fractions and decimals. Focus on Learning Problems in Mathematics. 13(1), 3-11.
- Sowder, J. (1988). Mental computation and number comparison: Their roles in the development of number sense and computational estimation. In J. Hiebert & M. Behr (Eds.),. Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. (pp. 182-197). Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Sowder, J. (1992). Making sense of numbers in school mathematics. In G. Leinhardt, R. Putnam, & R. Hattrup (Eds.),. Analysis of arithmetic for mathematics teaching. (pp.1-51). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Sowder, J. (1992). Estimation and number sense. In D. Grouws (Ed.),. Handbook of Research on Mathematics Teaching and Learning. (pp. 371-389). New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Sowder, J., Wheeler, M. (1989). The development of concepts and strategies used in computational estimation. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 20, 130-146.