15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
View author’s reference(s)
Author: Carpenter, T.
- Brown, C., Carpenter, T., Kouba, V., Lindquist, M., Silver, E., Swafford, J. (1988). Secondary school results from the fourth NAEP mathematics assessment: Algebra, geometry, mathematical methods, and attitudes. Mathematics Teacher,. 337-347, 397.
- Carpenter, T., Corbitt, M., Kepner, H., Lindquist, M., Reys, R. (1981). Decimals: Results and implications from the second NAEP mathematics assessment. Arithmetic Teacher. 28(8), 34-37.
- Carpenter, T., Lindquist, M., Matthews, W., Silver, E. (1983). Results of the third NAEP mathematics assessment: Secondary school. Mathematics Teacher. 76, 652-659.
- Carpenter, T., Moser, J. (1983). The acquisition of addition and subtraction concepts. In R. Lesh & M. Landau (Eds.),. Acquisition of mathematics: Concepts and processes. (pp. 7-44). New York: Academic Press.
- Kouba, V., Brown, C., Carpenter, T., Lindquist, M., Silver, E., Swafford, J. (1988). Results of the fourth NAEP assessment of mathematics: Numbers, operations, and word problems. Arithmetic Teacher. 35(8), 14-19.
- Romberg, T., Carpenter, T. (1986). Research on teaching and learning mathematics: Two disciplines of scientific inquiry. In M. Wittrock (Ed.),. Handbook of research on teaching. (pp. 850-873). New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.