15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
View author’s reference(s)
Author: Clement, J.
- Benander, L., Clement, J. (1985). Catalogue of error patterns observed in courses in basic mathematics. Unpublished manuscript. ERIC Reproduction Service. No. ED 287 672.
- Brown, D., Clement, J. (1989). Overcoming mis-conceptions via analogical reasoning: abstract transfer versus explanatory model construction. Instructional Science. 18, 237-261.
- Brown, D., Clement, J. (1992). Classroom teaching experiments in mechanics. In R. Duit, F. Goldberg, & H. Niedderer (Eds.),. Research in physics learning: Theoretical issues and empirical studies. (pp. 380-397). Kiel, Germany: Institute for Science Education at the University of Kiel.
- Clement, J. (1982). Algebra word problem solutions: Thought processes underlying a common misconception. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 13, 16-30.
- Clement, J. (1987). Overcoming students' misconceptions in physics: The role of anchoring intuitions and analogical validity. In J. Novak (Ed.). Proceedings of the second international seminar misconceptions and educational strategies in science and mathematics. (Vol. III, pp. 84-96). Ithaca, NY: Cornell University.
- Clement, J. (1989). The concept of variation and misconceptions in Cartesian graphing. Focus on Learning Problems in Mathematics. 11(1-2), 77-87.