15. The Research Base
- The Role of Research
- The Nature of the Research Literature
- Research Findings By Chapter and Section
View author’s reference(s)
Author: Wearne, D.
- Hiebert, J., Wearne, D. (1986). Procedures over concepts: The acquisition of decimal number knowledge. In J. Hiebert (Ed.),. Conceptual and procedural knowledge: The case of mathematics. (pp. 199-223). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Wearne, D., Hiebert, J. (1988). Constructing and using meaning for mathematical symbols: The case of decimal fractions. In J. Hiebert & M. Behr (Eds.),. Number concepts and operations in the middle grades. (pp. 220-235) Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Wearne, D., Hiebert, J. (1989). Cognitive changes during conceptually based instruction on decimal fractions. Journal of Educational Psychology. 81, 507-513, ERIC No. ED 254 409.